Wednesday, March 5, 2014

From food to fashion

I'm so happy that February is over, primarily because that means my focus on the food budget has come to an end. Yay! It's sad, but I just love food too much. And I am not one of those folks who can eat the same food for an entire week and not care - sadly, I crave variety as much as I crave yummy not-the-best for you food.
     I am a little proud to report that I pretty much managed to make it on a reduced food budget for 2 weeks. I lost track of the exact numbers by the very end (see the post about our atrocious Valentine's Day if you wonder why), but I think I managed to spend about 30% of the normal budget for 2 weeks straight. Yay! And yes, we turned around and donated the unused portion back to the church and their current food program. Double Yay!

     And now that it is March, we are marching along through this book and onto the next chapter - clothes. So over the next few days/weeks, I will be working on accepting my over-abundance of clothing and trying to tailor it down a bit. It's only the beginning, but I think this will be easier than food.

     Stay tuned to see if I still feel that way in a few days / weeks after wearing the same graham-cracker crusted shirt every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment