Friday, February 7, 2014

Sick and tired and hungry

What a week....

My poor toddler has been sick with croup. And in an odd twist, when she is sick, she doesn't nap very well. Perhaps it's the coughing keeping her up, but even though she has no energy and sits around the house most of the day doing not-so-much, she won't take a nap. Which means I don't get a rest either.

     Luckily the baby seems ok and has been sleeping better at night. Of course her sister has filled in all those times where I used to get up with the baby, so I'm still getting up 4 or 5 times a night. Hence why the nap is so important. Well, hopefully that'll change soon. I keep hoping.

     And we've been experimenting with different tricks to reduce the coughing. A steamy bathroom for 30 minutes seems to help some, but we finally broke down and got a humidifier last night. It helped some, but was not the sure fix I was hoping for. A friend today suggested bundling her up and taking her out into the cold air for a few minutes, so I think we'll be trying that tonight. Cross your fingers for me.

     Now for a quick update on my food journey this week. I'm proud to say that I have only gone to the store once (Costco to buy.... flour!) and it wasn't until Thursday. Man was it tough being home all week with the girls and not having flour to bake with. So I guess it's been a somewhat accidental fast. I couldn't just turn to the kitchen cupboards and bake something to keep us distracted. But now we have flour again, so I'm optimistic that we can get through this weekend without needing a store run (or at least not a big one), and I see a possibility that I'll be able to make it through next week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment